Re: Is using Pre-Recorded Loops Cheating?

Glad to read all the responses, a lot of people seem to have thoughts on
this.

I think I'm more relaxed to use pre-recorded material now because I'm
confident I can create a whole song just by myself on the fly. So I don't
_have_ to prove this to myself anymore.

So, whatever serves the music is good, I guess.
Authenticity seems to be important. You should feel you're doing the right
thing, and transport that to the audience.

Then, I've read this story about a beatboxer who received disastrous
feedback from an audience. Somebody came up to him and said "That was
lame. What's so special about doodling on some background tracks?" - They
had no clue he was doing it all by himself!

So, not loosing your audience is also important, I guess. :))

Thanks for your comments.

Buzap

--
249 Spiele für nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de