RE: OT: Mackie SRM150 / tiny PA

I have this which is basically a pair of MSR100's with slightly lower
wattage and a more flexible mixer:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-STAGEPAS-300-Portable-PA-System?sku=480818

I think they sound great though obviously due to their size you don't
get as much bass oomph as with a 10" or 15" driver.  The handle makes
them easy to lug around.  For me this was the sweet spot between sound
and portability.

I thought the comparable Fenders looked cheesy and didn't sound as
good, but I was looking at the stereo combos like this, not the stage
monitors:

   http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN691003000

I also have one of these which is REALLY small and surprisingly loud
but lacks bass.

   http://www.zzounds.com/item--ROLCM30

They're okay as personal monitors but for a PA you would probably want
to combine it with a subwoofer.

Jeff