Re: OT: Guitar Synth

Axon AX 100 or AX-50 with an RMC piezo pickup system.

These pickups are the best, most playable way to do Guitar Midi. It's not some mass produced thing though... some guy named Rich makes them and it may take a while to obtain even the correct information about which is right for you.

You'll need to email him what you have and ask what you need. Then  it may be easier to have the guy who runs a local guitar store near his work shop actually ride his bike over and get it and ship it to you rather then Rich himself.

The guitar shop near his workshop is Subway Guitars, 1800 Cedar St. Berkeley CA 94703,  (510) 841-4106.

Then you'll need to have your local guitar shop install, which means replacing the bridge with his and installing the 13 pin plug. The actual conversion electronics may not fit in your guitar... I have a separate box like this http://www.rmcpickup.com/polydriveii.html I plug into.  My bridge looks like this one: http://www.rmcpickup.com/powrbridgest.html . I have a PRS-513, but he's got pickups for all kinds of guitars... electric, acoustic, and nylon string.

I think the whole thing ended up costing me around $6-700 installed. A lot, I know, but to me it was the difference between using it or not using it. I tried Rolland's magnetic pickup and got way too many blips, bleeps, inconsistencies, etc. etc. for it to be truly usable. Nothing's perfect, but the RMC yields quite good results. Good luck!