OT Guitar synth

What I'd like ideally is a way to use the guitar as a trigger for a wide variety of odd sounds and percussive elements.  I really love the feel of the guitar and like to play it in non-traditional ways (more like a stick with long strings instead of as a melodic instrument) so I would need something that can track odd strikes and picking strength and the like, something that can register a wide dynamic range.  Tracking doesn't have to be perfect or lightning fast but it would need to be 'musical'.  And how far back can I go in the technology and still have something that doesn't seem horribly dated or overly limited? “

I have both an RMC system and various Gk2 pickups. The RMC is mounted in a flamenco guitar. I have a GR30 that is out dated and aside from the programmable arpeggiator, doesn’t have much to offer sound wise. Better off with an Axiom or GR-20 and a good sound module or sampler, or something like the VG-99. The reality is though is none of those pickups will trigger as accurately as a keyboard doing the same thing. Also string to string lag time is different on each string with the bass strings being the slowest to trigger and the treble being the fastest. Which means it will challenge you to play a little ahead of the beat and more precisely, and none of these systems are free from the chirps and hiccups that fret buzz, muffed notes and dead spots can create, or the note yodeling that happens when the string dies out suddenly and leaves the synth hanging. The good news is you will have more happy accidents J

 Good Luck.

 Bill