Re: BEMF4 and Virutal Performers in Audio-Video

E Gross schrieb:
> Why not have two skype sessions, one for left and one for right?
> Latency/jitter could make things interesting.....

No way to use skype for the audio. You need to route and mix in a
quality made for this kind of stuff. Ninjam works fine and is easy to
setup. Only thinking about using skype is already a nightmare... They
want the lowest possible bandwidth but optimized for speech, but what
does that mean?
High quality phone requirements: mono, frequency range max 8 kHz...
Still valid quality, 4 kHz...
Using two lines will for sure kill all phase relationships between
stereo pairs. They will have several ms different latency. The latency
can vary while talking etc...

Skypes concern is to allow to talk over very low speed lines.
But we would need guaranteed quality and latency.

It would be possible to use an additional stream for video only. But
don't expect anything close to lipsync... Ninjam is creating a reliable
synced to the beat latency. Don't know if that would be possible for
video as well...

It would require very high speed internet connections, which might eat
the quality for the sound. But it should be possible.

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------