Re: Quick Looperlative question

At 12:52 PM -0700 5/24/08, Cara Quinn wrote:

>   I dl'ed the manual but as you said, it's a bit out of date.
>There's got to be a list somewhere of the complete feature set with
>all the current updates taken into account.

Not really.  :(

Your best bet is to go through the release notes for each update
under this thread:
http://www.looperlative.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=998c8bda08bfe01f292b5005e48fbf02

The first post gives a listing of the new features rolled out under
each release -- usually only four or five items.  It's a bit of a
pain, but once you start going through them it's not as irritating as
you'd initially think.

>* Does the current Upgrade offer time stretching / pitch variance?
>(as with the Repeater)

As Kevin explained, the LP-1 will do time/pitch variance.  However,
as a past Repeater user, you should be aware that the Looperlative
implements simple "tape-delay" style stretching -- where both loop
time and pitch shift are tied together -- like that found on devices
such as the DL-4.  It won't do independent time domain or independent
pitch domain manipulation like you get on the Repeater.  Although
you're not stuck with only half-speed or double-speed (like many
loopers) since you can use controller/pedal data with the LP-1 to
access all the "in-between steps".

For most purposes this is fine, but there is a workaround if you have
to have Repeater-style functionality.  I use an external pitch
shifting unit attached directly to one of the sets of aux outs for
such effects.  Obviously, for pitch shift all I need to do is route
the signal to the pitch shifter.  For time stretch, I'll use the
LP-1's pitch/time shifting, then use the external pitch shifter to
re-align the loop back to its original pitch.  With this technique,
only the time domain gets messed with.

It's fairly simple with a good MIDI pedal and a little time spent
programming (although you do need to budget for another external box
to do the pitch shift).

        --m.
--
_____
"I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of