RE: Slightly OT--Splice 'em up FX Pedal (other than Echoplex)?

Thanks for the news, though I hate to see it go out of build.  I guess I missed the boat on buying a replacement tge-04 foot controller and may have to bite the bullet with a midi unit.

dave

From: Travis Hartnett [mailto:travishartnett@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:04 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Slightly OT--Splice 'em up FX Pedal (other than Echoplex)?

It was quietly discontinued some time ago:

http://www.aurisis.com/news.htm

"November, 2007:
Kim Flint has left the company to concentrate only on Loopers-Delight. Gibson has stopped manufacturing the Echoplex DP. Yet there are a lot of functions that only our LOOP software can do, because of its tape loop like memory structure. In the next months, we want to update this software for modern hardware, including standard laptops. Keep connected!"

While the EDP hardware has been discontinued, what you're probably actually interested in is Loop, the software which ran on the EDP:

http://www.aurisis.com/loop.htm

"Aurisis develops exciting new technologies and products for the musical instrument industry. We license these technologies to major manufacturers in the industry who use them in their own products.

Aurisis Research believes that the time for Looping has come, and our Loop technology is perfectly positioned to dominate this market. The current product can easily be applied to mid-range rack units, inexpensive floor units, or table-top products for DJ's and studios.

The latest version is a VST plugin. It is important to offer the same functions for stage and for recording. So far looping was mainly used for training and live playing. To make it spread more, it needs to invade the studios as well. It can improve the recording situation by digging into the magic and recording the original inspirations!"

Travis Hartnett