Re: Re[2]: East Coast Festival of some level

We must remember that Santa Cruz (no offense) is not the Center of the
Looping Universe <GRIN> ... likewise, The East Coast isn't simply New
York/Jersey.

While many of my fellow brothers and sisters over here on this side of
the US seem painfully averse to traveling more than 10 miles for
things, a Festival SHOULD be a gathering together, from some distance.
Wherever we wind up doing this, let's be a little less concerned with
the specific geographic location and more concerned about what the
physical venue has to offer us as performers (yeah, I know gas prices
have gotten insane for us and I don't want to have to drive 12 hours,
play and turn around and drive 12 hours to get home ... but I can't
fly across the country to Idaho or Santa Cruz as easily I can drive to
Princeton or Pittsburgh or even Buffalo).

We need to have a venue nailed down ... if several of us can come up
with different ones, even for different dates, that would be good. I'm
still waiting to hear from my friend about the Princeton venue. If
Travis can nail down a slot at Berklee, that would be fantastic (I'm
MUCH closer to Berklee than to Princeton ... it would be a 40 mile
drive for me!). If someone can snag a venue in New York or
Philadelphia, that's great too!

Several important points would be ease of access to the venue
including parking, house sound systems, lodging for overnighters,
publicity, free or fee for use, and how long can we play. I know there
are other concerns, too. I, for one, would like to be able to do a
simulcast of the performance, either as streaming video or audio ...
or even a Second Life simulcast. So Internet access would be an
additional consideration for me.

I wonder if it would be easier to get a venue and let that determine the
date?

Dennis