AW: quality of built-in audio interface

> satisfactory results. My question now is whether I'd get
> considerably better results if I invested in an external
> stereo audio interface. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'd say "no", unless you expect (and are willing to invest) a lot. Latency
won't be an issue for you for recording, the same goes for advanced mixer
functionality on the sound hardware level ("zero latency monitoring").
Sound
quality shouldn't be too much of a difference. So unless Apple has serious
flaws in the PCB design (which I don't assume given that you were able to
get satisfactory results) or you are really needing high-quality audio,
stay
with what you got.

        Rainer