Re: My Revised MAX/MSP Looping/Effects Rig

This is a clip of just some of my stream of consciousness playing today,
which demonstrates the new random functionality of my max/msp system.
Basically, there are three things going on here, aside from my playing and
not touching any pedal or the computer the whole time. The three highest
notes of my guitar trigger random looping (on/off), random effects
(on/off),
and random parameter changes of the random effects (on/off). Most of the
time I am intentionally playing one of those three high notes to trigger
the
functionality, after which I let the randomness take over. Other times, if
play a harmonic that is of one of those high notes, it triggers the
functionality without my permission, which is sort of cool as well.
Having
to manually trigger the functionality gets sort of old after a while, plus
you have to hear those same three annoying high notes. So, I will just
randomize the guitar frequency selection of those three functions. Or, I
just may as well make those three functions randomly turn on and off,
regardless of guitar note choice. The output probably won't be much
different.

All in all, it is a lot of fun to play with the system. I'm never quite
certain what my computer is going to throw at me that I will have to react
to.  In one passage, it randomly selected a filter effect, and it was very
intense. I had to react by playing softly.

There are all sorts of possibilities exploring here.

http://www.box.net/shared/fx3p5m74kg (download/play)
http://www.box.net/shared/static/fx3p5m74kg.mp3 (direct mp3)

Kris