RE: Repeater CFCs from Pretec still available

maybe the same company...?

with controller information supplied by peter toms, i googled across a website -timatech.com-
that sells every compact card under the sun, and i found one that works with the repeater-
i put it through the loops and had no slow cfc error
i just sent it off to peter for him to test it out -
once it tests ok, ill post the email address for my contact so anyone interested can get them directly -

i believe they are around $35, and will be discontinued in October

fro
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> From: jrploopers@kliklak.net
> Subject: Repeater CFCs from Pretec still available
> Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:59:32 +0200
>

> Hey all, David from the Repeater list sent this useful info about
> Pretec industrial grade CFCs with Hitachi controller still available
> for the Electrix Repeater.
>
> I ordered a 256 MB instantly, will let you all know if it works.
>
> best,
>
> jayrope
> http://kliklak.net
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>

> > In case anyone is still looking around for Pretec CFCs, I found two
> > sites that have the ones
> > with the proper Hitachi SAH05 controller.
> >
> > http://www.jactron.co.uk/compactflash-industrial-grade-eol-legacy-
> > products/pretec-
> > industrial-grade-compactflash-disk-industrial-temp-32mb-to-512mb-
> > hitachi-sah05/
> >
> > This is a British site that still has 256 MB and under cards. They
> > are being sold as EOL (End
> > of Life) and aren't being manufactured new anymore.
> >
> > They don't appear to have any 512 MB cards left (none are listed on
> > the site)--I'm
> > assuming that's likely because all us Repeater users buying out the
> > stock earlier. :)
> >
> > There's also a Canadian site I found that still has 128 MB and
> > under cards . . .
> >
> > http://cdns.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PLST&Store_Code=TIMASCI
> >
> > The ones that match up with the Pretec numbers people have
> > discussed here before are
> > the ones that have CFH listed as the first three letters, and then
> > EH6 as the last three
> > letters/numbers in the product code.
> >
> > The CF means Compact Flash and the H at the beginning is the Pretec
> > code for "Hitachi
> > SAH 05".
> >
> > Too bad that it looks like all the 512s are now gone. :( But at
> > least there's still some 256s.
> >

> with love from the forefront of gentrification in New Bad Berlin ,-)
> ---
> jayrope
> === musical ===
> http://kliklak.net
> http://aircushionfinish.kliklak.net
> http://touchdonttouch.com
> http://myspace.com/prinzenallee
> === visual ===
> http://jayropinsky.kliklak.net/thingship

Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!