From: Krispen Hartung [mailto:khartung@cableone.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:24 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: OT: Hey Loopers< MF is blowing out Mackie SRM 350 p.a.portable
PA speakers

I bet if you did a blind A/B/C test with Mackie's, JBLs, and the RCF, with
10 different musicians, you'd get a different response from all of them,
not

just in terms of their favorite speakers, but the nuances of each. So, I'd
support whoever said early that it is basically personal preference and
each

to his own. The responses on this list basically prove the point, given
preferences. It may be that one speakers enhances a particular frequency
or
another, goes higher, goes lower, sound "smoother", sounds better with
this
instrument vs. that one...but most of that is subjective in light of what
is

"better".   I bought the RCFs because I had the cash and I hear good
things
about them. But I've played through JBLs and Mackies, and I can get the
sound I want out of all of them - mainly because I have not narrowed the
criteria for "my sound" down to a gnat's ass such that only one particular
brand of speakers satisfies me. What a miserable box to paint myself in,
if
I had done that. I would be a realy sore ass for any sound guy who didn't
bring my favorite speakers.   If I were that picky about the particular
sounds of a PA, I'd be constantly frustrated whenever I played and I had
no
control over the house PA, the PA of the outfit running sound, etc. I have
tried to mellow out a bit in terms and not be such a premadonna about a
sound systems. Basically, if they are by one of those 3 or 4 top brands,
and

in stereo, I'm happy.  I can tweak my EQ in my compter or on the board if
think things are that out of whack...but they never are for me with those
top brands.

Kris