yahoo shutting down drm

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/24/yahoo-music-shutting.html

Yahoo Music just announced that it's pulling the plug on its DRM server -- that means that as of September 30, everyone who bought Yahoo Music will lose the ability to recover it from backup or transfer it to a new PC. Like I said when MSN Music proposed to do the same thing: "All those years the music industry spent insisting that the only way they'd sell music is with crippling DRM attached managed to totally discredit the idea of buying music at all."

  • 'A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a partlimited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts andfeelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of opticaldelusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison forus, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a fewpersons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from thisprison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all livingcreatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.'    Einstein

Time for vacation? WIN what you need. Enter Now!