Re: ebow for piano

Hi Erdem

not meaning to question your approach, but a question:
I've seen Esbjoern Svensson (died much too young... what a pity...) live
using effects on the original piano sound with several mics.
Now, the concert piano also has a pretty long sustain (esp. compared to a
guitar). So I was wondering if the original sustained piano sound +
several mics + good delay/reverb settings couldn't already deliver an
extremely long tone?

Another aspect is (I believe Travis indicated that) is also this:
Compared to the guitar, a piano string is much longer and there is a total
tension of ca. 20 tons (!) on the strings! So, my gut feeling is that
you'd need a pretty strong magnetic field for this.

Alternatively, I could imagine some mechanical solution, i.e. little
wheels turning and scratching the strings etc.

Let us know what worked out for you, I'm curious! ;-)

Buzap