Bucket Brigade via VST delays

Last week the "Bucket Brigade" topic came up and I worked out a way to
accomplish in Cubase SX.

Cubase SX includes some VST delays -- very useful because sync is
assured and they go up to ten seconds.

In Cubase, VSTs can be inserted into: Input strips, FX strips, and
(so-called) Group Channel strips.

(this next paragraph is Cubase SX specific)

All the strips have SENDS.  In Input strip can send to an FX channel,
Group channel, or output buss.  An FX channel can only send to the
output busses.  However, the Group Channel can send to downline Group
Channels, FX Channels, and the output busses.  A "downline Group
channel" is a Group channel that is the most recently created.  Thus,
a group channel can send to another group channel, provided the other
group channel was created after the sending channel.
(Quirky, huh?)

I am using multiple instances of the "Delay Modeler" VST plugin --
each instance of "Delay Modeler" occurs in its own Group channel
track.  The Group Channel strip's main output is assigned to an output
buss (a virtual hardware output, that is).  The send goes to the next
"Delay Modeler".

Here is a sample diagram that shows the concept:

. Input
.   |
.   |-- (send) ---> Delay (A)
.   |                 |
.   |                 |-- (send) ---> Delay (B)
.   |                 |                 |
.   |                 |                 |-- (send) ---> Delay (C)
.   |                 |                 |                 |
.   |                 |                 |                 | -- (send)
---> (etc)
.   |                 |                 |                 |
.   V                 V                 V                 V
. Center            Right             Right Surround     Left Surround...
.

Thus, with only a 10-second delay plugin, I can create a bucket
brigade of unlimited channels (limited only by memory, CPU,
PCI/Firewire capacity, and hardware).

Now, how about feedback?  After all, we can't SEND a Group or FX
channel back to an input.  Fortunately, I can accomplish the trick via
the software that comes with the RME800 -- without tying up bandwidth.
  The RME800's driver allows you to route an output buss to its
corresponding input strip.  For instance, if I have an unused hardware
channel (say, the SPDIF channel), I can the SPDIF output directly to
the SPDIF input.  In Cubase I would, in turn, create an input channel
strip and assign the SPDIF input to it.  That channel, then, would
SEND to Delay (A) -- and would create feedback.  The nice thing: if
you utilize "bandwidth limiting" on the RME, you can use the unused
channels for this.  All this happens in the driver and never actually
goes out to the RME hardware.  For example, you could use an unused
ADAT channel for this.

As cumbersome as this writeup is, it only takes a few minutes to set
all this up in Cubase.

The same concept could be used to create "Long Loops" in Cubase -- by
cascading the delays I can get around the 10 second limitation on loop
length.

Why do I continue to use Cubase SX?  The main reason is that I compose
everything -- that is, I write out every note.  Since CUBASE SX has
built-in scoring, I can switch between the piano roll editor (my
editor of choice) to the score editor (so I can read the notes and
memorize/perform the music).

I have this "vision" of melodies that echo around the listeners and
with this "bucket brigade" configuration, I can make that happen.

-- Kevin