RE: AW: elec gtr setup - to simplify

Dave,

> George, you have the old blue box 300, and the Fender copy
> 505?  I do as
> well, bought them new in 1979 or 1980.  I haven't used
> the 300 recently, but
> I still play the 505 at my solo gigs.  It is a better
> guitar than my 1956
> Fender Strat was.  I used to use the synth set an octave
> down as the bassist
> in my pre-looper one man band.  Having the individual
> switches to choose
> which strings went through the synth was great.

Yup, it's the old blue box. I've been lucky enough to score two GR-300s
(as well as a GR-700), one on european voltage, the other on US.

I'm a little surprised you were so happy with the G-505. Myself, I found
the neck unplayable due to a number of issues, and eventually had a local
luthier (Dan Ransom) carve a custom neck. For a couple of years I was on
the hunt for a G-303/G808, but I've since concluded that, at 6'4", my
overall size does not jibe well with shorter scale lenths. So I'm sticking
with the G-505.

-George