Re: New Member - Buying Advice and Opinions Sought

I use it the RC-50 and quite like it.  Roland did release a firmware
update that sort of eliminates the problem you mentioned.  And as far
is that is concerned, there isnt a delay in playback where your loop
starts a second later and messes up your timing, but the loop is just
missing the first second (more like a half-second but who's counting)
of the loop when you switch from rec mode to playback mode.  Your
timing is still intact.  I love the RC-50.  My drum/guitar synth duo
has many improvised sections where I have the rc-50 programmed with
nothing but the complete range of time signatures. No loops or any
pre-recorded material.  Just time signatures.  When a groove is
settled into I go to corresponding time sig, tap in the tempo and lay
done a bass line or whatever, all without missing a beat or
stopping.  The RC-50 is reliable. Search Rico Loops in youtube or
RC-50 in youtube and watch some vids.

Chris