Re: OT reducing your carbon footprint

On Sep 3, 2008, at 1:58 AM, K D Patten wrote:

> always go for
> balance........
>                             http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/
> offset_calc.html
>
> http://www.junkscience.com/

Ahh...That is associated with Fox News -- the fair and balanced
crowd, the let us over-consume because it is our tradition and
patriotic duty group, the *regulation is bad* because it interferes
with our ability to rape and pillage the planet network.

I've always disliked the *warming* issue because it is too easy for
people to dither ( geologic time scales etc.) and ignore the fact of
the excessive impact of our species on all ecological functions  --
CO2 is just one of many, many forms of pollution we spew into the world.
(Recent data links sunscreen lotion use to coral reef devastation.)
Fertilizer fun-off, dead zones in the ocean, over-fishing, massive
deforestation etc. etc....
And of course over-population: way too much pressure on delicate and
sensitive ecological systems.

Why is it that conservatives (Fox News) don't want to conserve
anything (except maybe archaic social taboos)? Why is the Right
nearly always wrong?
I think there has been within the last century the emergence of a new
species: Obliviates.
These are people who don't care about the future, don't care about
the effect of their actions and lifestyle on the world and use denial
to support their delusions.
Fox News is the obliviate network.

A simple thing to do to help: stop eating beef, stop supporting the
beef cattle industry.

To decrease my rant footprint, let me just say:

whenever possible, live more gently and intelligently.

regards

BobC