Re: Setting Up my new Gibson Echoplex Pro

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 5:07 AM, Todd Chambeau <tchambeau@comcast.net>
wrote:

> 1. If I purchase a 16 track mixer, will I be able to loop everything
> (guitar,bass, vocals) with my one Echoplex unit (without having to plug
>and
> unplug each instrument and mike during performance)?

Yes. You plug your instruments into different mixer channels and use
an aux to send from each channel to an output cabled into the Ehoplex.
That brings an important issue: you will need to close the signal path
from every instrument when not playing it, to prevent it to leak noise
into the Echoplex input line. On bass and guitar this is simple, just
turn down the instrument's volume knob before putting it down. On the
mic you can either use an off button on the mic, a channel input mute
button on the mixer or a foot controlled volume pedal/button on the
floor, inserted between the mic and the mixer.

> 2. I noticed Keller would play a part on an instrument, then press a
>button
> on one of his mixer channels right after the loop. What do you think he
>was
> doing?

Muting that instrument's input line.

--