From: Jim Goodin [mailto:jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 11:12 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Sony Vaio anyone?

I would echo Harry's review.  We've had a Viao in the past (was before XP) and had dealings with their support which is not great.  We had keyboard damage and were in warranty and they did support it in the end but one sensed they to be pretty much by the book and standoffish.  Frankly in the computer industry the only one decent for my dealings has been DELL which I've known more from my work world generally the Latitude series.  IBM makes great stable hardware but has a history of not so good tech support again my experience in corporate worlds.  I love Apple products and have a G3 powerbook and G4 tower.  My kids both have Macbooks (white ones).  Though I do love OSX and Apple's sense of fun in their products I'm disappointed in their laptop hardware being so delicate and to a sense cheap in design.  We've had to replace now the power adapters for the Macbooks 4 x.  I have found generics on ebay that one has outlasted the Apple and the other died though the vendor is honoring it.  On the same Macbook though I argued power management issues with my son in the end I just replaced his battery.  His Macbook is 1.5 years now.  Of all my laptop experience the DELL Latitudes seem to be the most dependable including their service.  I have had the luxury of Gold Suppor from them due to corporate paying for it.

Jim Goodin