RE: software for realtime MIDI processing (context-sensitivetransforms)

>         * If the pedal is depressed, the note number coming from one
> specific trigger pad should be shifted to another note number
>         * hits on the snares and toms should alternatingly trigger the
>left
> and right hand samples

AFAIK, MIDI OX can do the first but not the second.  You would need
something that supports scriptable transformations with "memory" to
keep track of the hit phase.  You could do this in pd but it's
a rather large sledgehammer.  I'm not aware of anything small
and light that does this.  Hmm, maybe we should make one :-)

Jeff