Re: Frequencies was Re: AW: AW: OT: new Macbook wíthOUT Firewire :(

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

> It's also hard to make the clock really stable, and more so as the
>frequency
> increases.
> I've heard that sampling at 192kHz often sounds worse than at lower
>sample
> rates
> due to the increased jitter of a less stable clock.

A college looked into this, did some comparative tests, and reported
that the best general fidelity was found at around 88,2 or 96 kHz. I
have no reason to doubt that, although I myself stick to 41,1 kHz for
creativity reasons (or 48kkHz when producing for video finalizing, for
technical reasons).

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen