Re: Video Visualization in Windows Media Player activated by audio

Okay ... some data points, rather than speculation:

1. iTunes can handle live audio feeds. I do this on a regular basis whenever I perform in Second Life. Granted, I am using two computers (well, actually three if you count the one I am using to run my Second Life client, but for purposes of this discussion you COULD do it with one). Probably the most straight forward way of  doing this is to use iTunes and a NiceCast. NiceCast would be your "broadcast server" that would provide a stream that iTunes would recoginze as a "radio" station. Nicecast can be configured to just be a "local host" (127.0.0.0) server, so you may need to do some fiddling in telling iTunes how to find it. I'm fortunate enough to have an old, heavily upgraded G4 Mac that I use as a separate server.

2. iTunes used, AND STILL CAN USE, G-force for visualization. You can actually use both G-Force and White Cap from Soundspectrum as part of the Visualizer in iTunes. Check it out. As proof, I offer my rough efforts over on the Vimeo page: http://www.vimeo.com/groups/loopers/videos/2094796

Said video having been produced using G-force (STILL waiting to hear form them about commercial license costs!), having initially confirmed what things would look like using iTunes with the G-force "plug-in". (Actual video was done with the G-force "stand alone" and Snapz Pro for the video capture).

So there you have it.

Best,

Dennis