Re: Presonus firebox and Mobius help

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Jeffrey Larson <jeff@zonemobius.com> wrote:
> Yes, that's a good idea.  I'm surprised this hasn't come up before.
> I guess most people either run it as a VST and do the port
> merging in the host or have an audio interface that supports mix
> busses.  I take the second approach with a MOTU Ultralite.
>
> Jeff

I'm now using MainStage slave synced to Mobius first loop's tempo and
that works like a dream, so I guess I will stick to that rather than
going back to a Mobius AU plug-in (if Apple doesn't fix the bug in
MainStage that makes it crash when syncing to a tempo master AU
plug-in).

I like to set up the individual input levels on the physical interface
and have them all go into the same effect patch ("channel strip") in
MainStage. But this only works if Mobius allows us to fetch multiple
inputs to each Mobuis track.

The other two solutions, that I'm stuck with for now, is to (1) set up
four clones of each MainStage sound patch, only differing in that they
target different physical audio inputs. That's not very elegant and it
eats up all my available patch call pedals and MIDI Program Change
numbers. I could also (2) manually change the MainStage patch input on
the screen. But that looks stupid and interferes with playing the
music. I don't like having to watch the screen and I appreciate the
possibility to stuff away the laptop on the stage floor under a chair
somewhere safe behind me.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen