Re: Voicetone Create (was: RC-50 vs. Laptop Setup: costcomparison)

At 8:02 AM -0800 11/18/08, L.Angulo wrote:
>Thanx Buzap,i am debating between this one and the digitech vocalist
>4,i cant believe there is no EQ on the tone create!what if u want
>those telephone type effects?but yes nice long reverbs and delays
>for soundscaping is also what i am very interested in,i just love
>how small they are!

Oh, it'll do those "telephone type" effects.  There's a distortion
block that'll allow you to re-EQ for all kinds of effects like that,
IIRC.

I'll also agree with the overall impression of the Create: it's a
great little pedal.  I haven't played around with mine nearly as much
as Buzap or a few others here (got it when they first came out;
however, we were in the process of moving when it arrived, so I got
to tweek the pedal for a couple of hours before then packing it away
into storage. aaargh!), but it's really pretty cool.

One quick application tip: you don't have to restrict the Create to
just your vocals.  It's optimized to take input from a microphone.
For those instrumentalists among us, it's also excellent for a "post
amp" effect.  Just use it on the microphone you're using to mic the
amp.  There are lots of studio situations where effects are printed
onto a track after it has already been recorded through an amplifier.
The best way to replicate this live is to place the effects into the
chain *after* the amplifier onstage before hitting the board.  The
Create makes this pretty easy, and let's the performer keep control
of those effects (as opposed to turning them over to the sound guy).

        --m.
--
_____
"Image is blasphemy. Text is heresy. The spoken word is a lie."