New Inspiration on the holiday evening

Over the last year + I spent quite bit of time developing some ability on the violin, initially an electric from a fathers day gift which led to an acoustic the following fathers day.  Back in the summer I decided to put it down for awhile focusing more on my plucked fretless explorations with the guitar and another new instrument to me in 08, an oud.  I've recently been inspired to return to the violin some and have been pleased that the technique has not drifted.  For some reason maybe it's just a more relaxed time but I have a habit of having some fertile music sessions on holidays and Thanksgiving (by the way happy belated to all who celebrated the time) evening and this early morning hours were no less.

Here are 5 trax I improvised all done with an EHX 2880 4-track looper (special thanks to Jeff Duke who turned me on to this box back in the summer) that I've just begun to scratch the surface on.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/251618/Jim_Goodin_Sleigh.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/251618/Jim_Goodin_Shaman.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/251618/Jim_Goodin_Drone.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/251618/Jim_Goodin_Oneath_By_Land.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/251618/Jim_Goodin_Country.mp3

Thanks for listening and all good things...

Jim

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com
MySpace (solo) - http://www.myspace.com/jimgoodinmusic