Re: Free download - dark ambient soundcape "Things we don't know"

First of all: thank you for all your compliments. As you may know, I'm not
an experienced looper compared to most LD dinosaurs here ;) I've been
practicing a lot lately, trying out different looping strategies,
recorded most rehearsal sessions ("Things we don't know" was a result of
that) to analyze it later. Analyzing your own stuff helps you a lot
finding out what works and what doesn’t work: short loops, long loops,
effects, how to build up a song etc

But in fact, without this list this song wouldn’t have seen the light. So
thank you LD list :) Recording your own stuff was a tip from a LD member!

> Marcus Kirby wrote:
> Sounds awesome.
> What are you using for distortion/pad sounds?

Here I used a Yamaha S90ES synthesizer only. This is sample based
synthesizer (100% digital) with the same engine as the Motif ES. The
patches have been programmed by my self. The guitar like patch is
processed by the internal FX (distortion with feedback) in combination
with low filter cut off settings and high resonance I control using a
modulation wheel. The sound is also processed by a long analog delay
effect from the DD-20.

The pad sound you here is a “violin + analog string like” patch I
programmed and is also processed by the DD-20. I used the low registers to
add a Taurus bass pedals effect.
---
Sjaak
http://www.livelooping.be/
http://www.overgaauw.be/
http://www.myspace.com/sjaakovergaauw

---
Reeds meer dan 2000 Scarlet klanten betalen geen abonnement meer!
Doe mee en surf ook gratis! >> http://www.scarlet.be/nl/mgm