Re: slicing audio

Hey Nick, why not try slicing a stream instead of a file? Ableton Live
would be the excellent tool for that! This technique is based setting
up MIDI clips as "slicer templates". Then you send the signal
somewhere to be recorded but on the way it should be routed through
some object (volume, noise gate, filer cut-off... there are many
options) that is being manipulated by the Slicer Template MIDI clip.
You can then assign the Slicer MIDI Clips to pedals or computer keys
and play them in realtime to mess with the slicing.  If you are using
a Mac you can send any track's MIDI output to the IAC Bus and have
that fetched as the input to another track where the MIDI events are
MIDI learned to manipulate certain slicing objects.

If you don't already know about "Clip Envelopes" you should also check
that out in the manual.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen