OT Re: Sound Back in the Day was Re: ART Regular Output vs. Inspiration

Rick says:
> One of the salient changes in modern 'big bin' sound mixing is the
> advent of really high wattage available for subsonic speakers.
>
> I dont just think I"m being an old fart by saying that this trend has
> really greatly hurt live sound at big concerts.

I think that the mistake us old farts make is to assume that a gig
is all about music, and that how it sounds is part of the reason
to go to a gig.
Rather, I think that gigs today are about being there with a lot of other
people.
Listen to how enthusiastic people are when there are
"lots of people" at the gig.
e.g. "It was a great night, lot's of people".

...and be aware that people come to our gigs, enjoy the music,
but often leave a bit disappointed because there weren't "enough people".

In some cultures, music is valued for it's own sake....not in ours.

andy butler (stayed home again)