Re: here and now / evolving loops

A feature I like in SooperLooper is that you can chose if feedback
will also be active (according to percentage setting) in playback
mode, or not. When set to "not" it sort of resembles the Repeater (se
Rainers write-up below), the EDP used in Replace/Flip/Expert Mode or
the Mobius looper as it applices Secondary Feedback.

The SooperLooper solution is brilliantly simple. You can keep the
feedback set to fifty percent and simply turn off the "feedback active
in playback mode" when the loop has faded to the preferred level. And
when you overdub this setting will create "a pocket" in old layers for
your new addition. Such sculpturing is one of my fav looping
techniques, all the way from adding small, almost granular, slices to
manipulating the full loop.

Funny to remember that when I first stated looping in -82 I never
thought about "feedback". A delay unit I was using had a "hold"
function with a pedal to it. In order to avoid "a bump" in the loop I
had to learn to play my instrument (audio source) in a way that it had
the same sound at the loop start and the loop point. In retrospect it
would have been so easy to simply take out the loop signal and run it
through a volume pedal before feeding it back. So simple and powerful
routing trick - but it just never hit my imagination back then.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)