Re: special sauce, secret goo

For electric playing (rare) I always like having two distortions; a Rat
with the gain turned as close to nil as possible, just to goose a small
tube amp (the other part of the equation). Then something that it just
totally overwhelmingly chaotic and out of control. Smooth, creamy
distorsh doesn't really work for me.

The Fuzz Factory is very cool, but someone mentioned Devi Ever/Effector
13 stuff, which I've come to prefer. My FAVORITE pedals (he has a huge
selection of pedals, all distortions, many with joysticks/photo eyes and
other weird controllers). Completely out to lunch. I have a Truly
Beautiful Disaster, which contains not only the crazy self-oscillating
fuzz, but also a feedback loop for messing up other pedals, plus a photo
eye for controlling said loop, and in addition an "Aenima" which Devi
sold me for only $60 because it was a bit out of spec. They both
oscillate forever when you want them to and seem to have a
near-limitless palette of sounds, from dying-synth sputters to AM-radio
static to solid square-wave fuzz and unpredictable octave jumps.
Definitely the thing to reach for when you want bandmates to stare at
you in horror/amazement, wondering if your equipment is all broken.
Really entertaining.

love:
http://www.deviever.com/fx/

Daryl Shawn