Re: here and now / evolving loops

Interesting poll, Fabio! :-)

I like the focus on "story telling" in Matthias post, because that is
something I enjoy hearing in other musicians paying and also try to
bring out in my own live playing. This is opposed to the popular idea
of "playing over the loop".

At the risk of repeating myself I would like to point also at the use
of Rate/Speed Shift as a way to give new musical directions to a loop.
I play with a setup that lets you instantly transform the loop's pitch
according to nine optional intervals. An exciting side of this is this
is that each interval also gives the loop a new length. So there is a
lot of a possible "change" on the loop side to inspire you to invent
melodies that can tie it together as music.

Regarding "Andre La Fosse style" I guess you mean the "substitute
stuff" he calls "turntablism guitar"? I think that style is
interesting but not from a musical story telling view,  rather as a
sound design technique to deconstruct music. I bought his record and I
can't help hearing the music behind the "substitute stuff" as being
jazz rock fusion, a style that doesn't excite me much. You should
listen to his earlier stuff (up on his web site) where he plays very
minimal with just a guitar and the reverse function of the EDP. That's
my favorite "La Fosse Style" that I like very much!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)