Re: Devi Ever (was Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,specialsauce, secret goo)

At 1:04 PM -0500 12/25/08, Jeff Duke wrote:
>Mech, thanks for the heads up on Devis Forum, I wanted to get into
>DIY and there is a great section on this very subject. (Soldering
>irons heating up)

I agree!  I really want to get into the same territory.  But every
time I heat up a soldering iron, I either hurt myself or set
something on fire.  :(

You should also try going over to Beavis Audio (
http://www.beavisaudio.com/ ).  Dano -- the guy who runs it -- is
really cool, and he puts up a crapload of basic DIY stuff that's
great to have as a reference.

In addition, this looks really interesting for somebody just starting
out: http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/ (not to mention it may keep
me from burning my house down).

>I think a Peep clone could be great on lots o' stuff!

Oh yeah.  I've got a Peep and a PeepPeep (2x in one box), but the
PeepPlug looks really intriguing too.  You've probably already found
them, but I think the Peep schems are up on the DIY section of the
Devi board too, if you want to build your own.

The one thing I keep meaning to do (but forgetting) is to run one of
these into the expression input on my FC-300 pedal, to see how well
MIDI control might work with a photo eye.  Lots of possibilities
there, if it'll function.

>And all the best to all of you out there in looper land on this
>beautiful sunny Christmas in Florida, USA! 83 degrees today. sheesh!

*sigh* That would actually be nice.  Half my house doesn't have heat
yet, and even though we're only in the 40's-50's outside, it's still
pretty chilly downstairs.  :P

>New little glitchy video thingy at http://www.vimeo.com/2622319

Kore ga daisuki des yo!!! (I like this a lot!)  Looking forward to
seeing some more!  :)

        --m.
--
_____
"Image is blasphemy. Text is heresy. The spoken word is a lie."