From: <stanitarium@earthlink.net>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: guitar drone music

> oh no -here we go...what is really D R O N E ?
> I may be an extremist but to me-ya cant change chords-notes or timbre
>and
> still call it drone-most of the bands on that list dont really do the
> drone-just long chords for a while-is that drone?
> nope
> as the musician James Plotkin said in '04:
> "a drone is a static sonic occurance, meaning a constant, unchanging
>event
> of sound"
> thats what i'm talkin about and adhere to-
>
>>S T A N O S A U R<
> my reference point will always be an obscure cd called 'the tambouras of
> Pandit Pran Nath'
> by LaMonte Young and Marian Zazeela-two tambouras going for 73 minutes-
> more beautiful music i will never hear.
>

> Not sure if Jesu really is drone -
>

>>Daryl Shawn
>>www.swanwelder.com
>>www.chinapaintingmusic.com
>>
>>> hi-
>>>
>>> for guitar drone music, you can't go wrong with the following albums:
>>>
>>> 1. fear falls burning - he spoke in dead tongues
>>> 2. sunn o))) - grimm robe demos
>>> 3. earth - earth 2
>>> 4. boris - absolutego
>>> 5. bowery electric - bowery electric
>>> 5. eluvium - talk amongst the trees
>>> 6. jesu - jesu
>>> 7. labradford - prazision lp
>>> 8. lab report - figure x-71
>>> 9. lovesliescrushing - glissceule
>>> 10. lustmord - juggernaut
>>> 11. main - firmament
>>> 12. sunn o))) & boris - altar
>>> 13. windy & carl - antarctica bliss out
>>> 14. zoviet france - the decriminalization of country music