From: Bruce Gilman <cuica@interworld.net>
Subject: Re: Fahey
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Saturday, December 27, 2008, 6:19 PM

Hi all,

Bruce Gilman here with a number Gismonti recommendations:

The Altitude of the Sun (Black Sun)
Meeting Point (ECM)
Magico  (ECM)
Kuarup  (Carmo)
Charlie Haden and Egberto gismonti in Montreal  (ECM)
Dança das Cabeças (ECM)
Música de Sobrevivência (ECM)
Corações Futuristas-*ECM)
Trem Caipira (EMI)
ZigZag (ECM)
Infância (ECM)
Feixe de Luz (EMI)
Sol do Meio Dia (ECM)
Sanfona (ECM)
Alma (EMI)
Dança doe Escravos (ECM)
Brasil Musical (TomBrasil)
Duas Vozes (ECM)

B.G.

On Dec 27, 2008, at 2:22 PM, Daryl Shawn wrote:

> Gismonti is so amazing, though I only heard him for the first time this
summer. I like recommendations! I reach for his stuff over Fahey - other than
his unique dark vibe and some interesting harmonic directions, he's largely
lost on me (ducking) - but that's just taste. Like Charlie Parker, Mozart,
and Townes Van Zandt, I acknowledge the influence, but rarely want to listen to
the music.

> still ducking...
>
> Daryl Shawn
> www.swanwelder.com
> www.chinapaintingmusic.com
>

>> Speaking of slow acoustic guitar players, anybody hip to Egberto
Gismonti?
>> he can really play slow and beautiful and then blaze away as well
>> he played an 8 string guitar in 1975!!
>> HIs early ECM stuff is wonderful      Dancas das Cabasas (or something
like that!) LOL   is a good place to start.