Re: X-Y vector pad for MIDI foot con

Thanks Stefan,

You're right, Wii is not optimal. I need one X axis and one Y axis;
two parameters. The pad is going to be used in two ways:

1) Dotting a mark somewhere to set new values for both parameters. I'm
hoping to find a way to add slew/inertia so both MIDI CCs values will
creep slowly towards there new set values

2) Manually "draw" dynamic changes of both parameter's values.

An easy solution would be to pick up an ordinary joystick and put it
in a box with no lid that lets the foot move around the stick inside
the framework of the box. But this will only support nr 2 of above. I
guess Osculator can be used to handle it on the software side.

I know some software add-ons can make the touch pad of a mac laptop
work like that and maybe that can be extended to work with a bigger
touch pad via USB?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)