Re: OT Re: DEFINING CULTURAL YEAR of THE DECADE?

Howdy,

Well, there are a lot of significant things we might nominate as
"defining" . . . but I have something else in mind.

For the purpose of this list, a couple of much smaller "defining"
moments are worth mentioning:

1). The debut of the original Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro (1994)

2). The birth of this discussion list/community (1996)

The latter of which would not exist without the former, and a case
could be made that this community would never have existed without the
efforts of Kim Flint, Matthias Grob and a few others.

As for the big defining cultural issues . . . I'd say the rise of the
internet . . . but it's still rising.

Cheers,

Ted