re: Duduk and melancholic instruments

Luis Angulo wrote:
"But nowdays melancholy is not very hip...is it?"

Yeah,    I have been carrying my Duduk everywhere with me.
Yesterday,  I stopped and got my favorite Steve's Smooth cup of
coffee at the SC Coffee Roasters and the young woman barista
who waited on me said,  "what's that instrument"

I said,  "It's a Duduk.   It's from Armenia.   It's the saddest sounding
instrument I've ever heard."

She looked at me incredulously and asked,

"Why would anybody want a sad instrument."

I didn't have the heart to tell her.