Bowed String Instrumentalists Speakers

I abolutely love my new set up.

I'm using a 10"  full range RCF powered monitor that goes down to 50 cycles
Then I went out and bought a compact and inexpesnive subwoofer for
a home stereo system that my rack sits on top of.

For small venues it has sound that you could mix a record on.

Because the volumes are not loud I don't think you need to spend all the
dough
on expensive subwoofers.     Fundamental (and subfundamental) frequencies
are so physically long that human beings don't hear them very accurately
anyway
so I honestly think that an inexpensive (and I paid about $200 for mine
but have seen
them as cheap as $100 on sale) one sounds as good as a really expensive
one.

putting the RCF and my Mackie 1604 on top of the Subwoofer
on a light weight alluminum fold up cart means that I"m one trip
from the car for an entire and FINE sounding p.a. system.

The Mackie powered 10"s   are the equivalent to the RCFs but they
only go to 60 cycles which I can here the difference.
I just like the RCFs and I've used both in the same situations.

The Mackie's, however, are cheaper now that the dollar is so low against
the euro  (the RCFs are from Italy).