VG99 and FC300

Dave said
"I'd been planning on checking out how my VG-88 patches would translate to the 99, when my free-time ship finally came in, since it's clearly the son of 88, and only a distant cousin to the VG-8, which was a far more interesting box, imo. I was hoping that this would be a good way for me to start to unlock it. "

I must add that I jumped to the VG99 because I was expecting to ditch the VG8 and get a sort of modern one, with better models, some new options (someone said GR300 ?).
Dave is sooo right.
It has nothing to do with the VG8 and I miss many of the best HRM models of the VG8 (articulated, vio-guitar, resonator,...).
I met the VG8 with ecstatic pleasure back in the 90's and filled 3 memory cards in one month programming.
I mis some guitar models (HSS) and wonder (spoiled I am) why there are so little different amp models.

At the same time, the first move on the 99 was then rejection. My own favored sounds were from the "articulated" model.

It tokk me a little while to jump the train, take it for what it was. First thing to do: erase all presets.Now I'm back into sound programming and it can do wonderfull thing. Modulation possibilities are enormous.

I suggest listening to Bill Ruppert's soundclick page to get very interesting insight on the sound mangling possibilities.

Regards

Olivier