Re: Blogs

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:03 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> Grrr.. people are just so fucking.... clever... I cant even get rid of
>the
> Blogger header on my site... or is that something to do with this
>"publish
> via ftp" mumbo jumbo...?

I've been spending some time lately modifying WordPress templates and
I guess that is similar to modifying a Blogger templage.  What you can
do is to right click on the logo and chose "open image in new window".
The URL displayed at the web browser's address field shows the search
path to the image. Then you simply open up an FTP application, locate
the image on the server and drag it to the desktop of your local
computer. Open it in photoshop, or any graphic editor software, and
past in a new picture that you want there instead of Blogger header.
Upload it to the same location on the server so the modified image
file replaces the original.

This works only if the Blogger header is an image file. It would be
more problematic if it is a bit of code that links in an image from
another online area, or if it is a text font code. Then you would have
to go into the PHP documents to modify them, which is dangerous - but
can be done if you save a copy of it before stating to mess around.
One trick to find stuff in PHP code is to use a text editor's search
function on the PHP document (after downloading it locally). If you
search for "Blogger" you will definitely find the place where the
header is defined, if it is being created by text font code (then
change it).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se