Re: guitar gently weeps

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Bill Fox <billyfox@soundscapes.us> wrote:
> George spent many hours one evening tring to overdub a backwards guitar
>solo
> but that was ultimately abandoned.  This was prior to take 17 which was
>the
> first take (George announced take one to indicate this) of a new
> arrangement, the one we hear on take 25.

Interesting! Backwards overdubbing is difficult because you have to
envision the finished music to make it work ("thinking backwards").
May not have been an easy task such an intricate chord progression. I
must say I love Eric's solo not only for his beautiful tone but also
for the composition. Listening to that solo when I was a teenager
taught me in just a minute many things about music theory that I still
rely on.

per