latency measurements for Fireface 400 (2.9ms)

Some time ago I said I would post my latency figure for the RME Fireface
400 after I got it.Well the results are in.

It is stable at 2.9ms latency. I might be able to go lower but haven't
tried. This was measured on a quad core 3GHZ CPU with 1333MHZ memory bus
and 8GB  RAM on Vista 64.

It is the same latency I was getting out of my old MOTU 828mk1 on the same
system. The MOTU used to get more like 30ms latency on my old computer, a
2.4GHZ P4 with 1.5GB RAM @ 333MHZ.

I used to believe that a better interface would give better latency, but
it sure seems to be a myth as Jeff Larson has pointed out.

BTW, If anyone wants to buy my MOTU 828 mk1 (perfect condition!) for a
reasonable price, contact me off list. Otherwise it's going up on
eBay this weekend.

-Georgehttp://www.myspace.com/georgeludwigmusic