Re: another M13 looper demo/ odd meters using track speed toggling

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Mech <mech@m3ch.net> wrote:
> P.P.S. only eleven more intervals?!?  pshaw!  there's a whole world of
>tones
> in between the tones; all you need is a bottleneck slide.  ;)

That's micro tonality, well worth a thread of its own IMHO ;-)

The reason I mentioned twelve intervals per octave was that I
commented on Bill's thread about odd meters in rate/speed shifting of
a loop.

I guess doing "odd meters" in micro tonality - as your reference to
bottle neck slide implies - would rather apply to "scratching"? Didn't
we have an interesting thread on that about a month or two ago? I
remember Aron Leese, Reiner Strashill and Jeff Larsson talking about
making the looper go into reverse as you slow down pitch and tempo
continuously. I've never tried to set THAT up with a looper, only that
classic Repeater patch that syncs pitch and tempo without going into
reverse. But I have a related software plug-in called Reversinator
(Mac VST PPC) that goes down with linked tempo and pitch until
stopping and proceeding "at the other side" in reverse mode - cool
sounding thing. Too bad so few computers can run it these days.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com