out of the mouth of a 5 yr old...

ok, i'm dropping my 5 yr old off at preschool before work this am, i have my live bootleg david torn disc playing his great live loop based music (i think it's the mccabes guitar shop disc), anyway my son asks who we are listening to, i tell him, then he asks:

is david torn better than tom morello?

i kind of stopped and then cracked up, b/c he's (and his brother)  been playing guitar hero lately, and 2 of the people they can battle is tom morello and slash (they love the hair and the top hat!). so they know those names of guitar players and a # of classic 60's/70's/80's guitar based songs from the game.
it was quite a funny moment.
so i was thinking after i dropped him off, already at age 5, he thinks of the concept that someone is better than someone else based on how many notes they can correctly hit, etc. the other funny thing is that they will know "slow ride", "sunshine of your love" and other "hits from the past (they love the KISS song) from guitar hero, and not from the radio or "record collections" -the way i learned about stuff 20+ yrs ago.
yes, the world is changing-AND FAST!
s---