Re: communication

Damn we have a burn ban on...
Remember the great wood fires that were lit to call for help in the Lord of the Rings?

Sure.. I love that bit, infact it reminds me (as in - childhood memory) of the second cool thing that happened during the Queens silver jubilee in 19.. um.. 76.

That was that this bonfire beaken message was sent from the top of scotland, to the south of england. Every village on the route spent weeks preparing their fire, primes with oils and combustible materials... and at a certain time the first beaken was lit in Scotland, upon being seen by the next .. that was lit, and so on... as far as I remember it took at one hour to travel the distance of England. I remember vividly, being stood on the top of Butser Hill, and eagarly staring across the valley, with many hundred from my town... looking for the first spary of light from the beakon at Liss, when it was spotted we all lit paper tapers and threw them at the bonfire... whicgh went up in seconds!!

Mark

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094