Re:DID YOU KNOW vid /implications....

that vid was interesting
yes, the world is changing so fast. as for education: i think /hope that it prepares our future students to think critically, that's the goal for education-you can't teach everything (facts, just too much), but to problem solve, etc those are the skills you hope for.

my funny situation-when i was teaching drawing back between '93-'97, there was already some resistance from a # of students that they didn't really want to draw w/ paper and implements (charcoal/pencils/etc)-they just wanted to do computer drawing, b/c they were going in to graphic design.
i thought it was interesting that they seemed so narrow in thinking (and young too)-not wanting to explore the basic teachings and foundations in art/exploring media and perceptual skills.
but then the other thing i thought later was wondering if the model for teaching art at college level, which is really based on the model that was established during the renaissance (master/apprentice-although i wouldn't call myself a master), and if that model is still applicable in this technological world.
here's the funny thing, the few things that i still do draw that when people see them: they say "wow you drew that by hand?" i think it's a funny response.

the other thing i thought recently about all this change since i just got my facebook page is wondering if the future writers of the world who grow up w/ the facebook idea of messaging and reading about friends etc, if that will change the way they write stories-sort of many different incoherent plots lines/etc-i know the idea is not new-the post-modern model of non-linearity in things (books/movies, etc), i'm just wondering if the kids of today will take their new tech environment and things in the future will be really different from what we know and accept today.
oh well....happy looping....(or heck maybe i'll get out some magnetic tape and cut it and re-tape it together to make a tape-loop.....)
s---