Re: OT DID YOU KNOW? A fascinating and eye opening video aboutchanges in the digital media age

Richard Atkinson wrote:
> One of our local radio talk show idiots, Adam Corolla, talks off and on
> about how our school paradigm has let us down, in that we teach Algebra
>and
> Trigonometry and such, which few of us will ever use in the future, and
>we
> make kids run laps and do biology dissections and such.  But we fail to
> teach things like "How to splint a broken leg in an emergency" or "how to
> stop someone from bleeding to death" and other basic life preserving
>skills.

Could it be that by teaching useless stuff, the schools will never be
sued by someone whose life was saved (or not) by one of their students?
No good deed goes unpunished as many a good samaritan has found out the
hard way.  Heck, if schools taught survival skills, I bet BSA would sue
them.  What schools need to teach is how to write a resume and present
yourself at a job interview.  (Or didn't you watch that video that Rick
pointed out?)

Bill