Re: nerds with toys

What I'm really trying to say is this: sitting at a table staring at the readout on your grooveboxx, occasionally poking a button, is not performance. It is barely art. The audience, bless their little hearts, are paying money to be entertained. Your job, as an entertainer, is to do something they're not willing or able to do themselves.

http://www.analogindustries.com/blog/entry.jsp?msgid=1233359209943

i think this is what most of my friends worry about when coming to see a show with looping, controllerism or processing involved.  with any type of improvisational performance its a very fine line (which has been endlessly discussed on this site).  i just think the comments by other these other musicians are good to keep in mind.

paul

www.paulbailey.us