Re: ways to loop as duo

Well, I couldn't find a Global Retrigger command in Mobius so I use a
script that bypasses quantization and retriggers playing loops on all
tracks. I published it to the Mobius list and Jeff published another,
simpler, variation of a script that does the same thing.

Oh... sorry, just noticed you wrote REALIGN!  LOL,  reading too fast
here ;-))  Yes I have a script that runs the "for all" line before the
"realign" line. For a while I tried a script that realigned after a
predefined track, but found it add too much need for "planning" as I
improvise the music and arrangement as I play.

But since this thread's subject line actually says "ways to loop as
duo" I'm finding the ReTrigger command much more useful than the
ReAlign. That is, when not syncing your rig technically to the other
musicians, and I think that mostly works well. As soon as you hear a
drift between your loops and your buddie's simply kick the global
retrigger one of THEIR downbeats and you're back on the train. If
tempo has drifted too much, forcing you to retrigger all the time, you
have to make new loops by selecting the master track and go
Record-Record. Or you could have a special Record button script that
goes "delete everything and reset all" before going into Record Mode
on the selected track (that will then become the master track for the
new session you're launching). I have one such record button  as well.
My choice is to have two almost identical FCB1010 banks but that
differs regarding the type or Record Button. Other pedals in that
"start-off" bank are Overdub, Multiply, SUS Substitute, Add Bass Note
(speed up an octave, overdub, and speed back to normal + plus a little
reverse to compensate rhythm sync for the faster speed at the top),
reverse, undo, redo, next loop, previous lop.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com